Thursday 26 April 2007

And back to the woods...

I have met a new assistant, S., and I think I've explained to her very carefully that she shouldn't expect any exciting equipment lugging through dense undergrowth for any amount of time. That she would indeed have to spend hours doing fiddly things with sensors and computers, combined with some balancing exercises on the slope to read throughfall gauges. She claims that's fine by her and so I hope there will be no surprises this time.
I also got introduced to her Mum who runs a juice bar - and so I had some fresh local fruit juice as well, albeit a bit reluctantly. But all went well as far as I can say one day later.
My new colleague has no time for taxis, and so we walked and took the bus. She said that was just as good and I would learn more about the town - and she was right.
And now it's time to prepare for the joys of the journey back. When I returned to here some days ago I was in such a bad mood, I didn't even used THE LOO. Let's see what happens today.

No comments: