Tuesday 24 April 2007

Back to Cuzco....again

In a fashion characteristic for this excursion I had to return to Cuzco just when I thought I was ready to set up the plot. Last Friday we brought all the necessary equipment to the plot and it was very little fun. The next day I wanted to start setting up but V. succumbed to some form of depression she had been fighting with ever since we returned to W. Having tried to no avail to understand her problems for an hour or so whilst standing on a little romantic bridge crossing a little romantic waterfall on the way to the plot, my mind wasn't really on the work I was doing - especially because V. oozed out sulky unhappiness as she worked away in the other corner of our subplot (as, I assume, did I in my corner) - and subsequently I managed to cut myself quite badly. In the evening of that day the generator packed in and I was left completely stuck, because my hand didn't work and reading wasn't possible any longer either. I think the only one who was really pleased with these developments was the chauffeur, who (by a stroke of good luck) was nearby, and was very happy at the prospect of a night in his own bed.

No comments: